Summer (1) 2018
This half term, the children will be learning to:
- Use strategies to add or subtract a two-digit number from a two-digit number
- Quick recall of 2, 5 and 10 times tables
- compare and sort common 2-D and 3-D shapes and
- identify and describe the properties of 2D and 3D shapes, including the number of sides and line symmetry in a vertical line
- Ask and answer questions about totaling and comparing
This half term, the children will be learning about:
- Focus on a book for World Book Week
- Writing stories that have a clear beginning, middle and end
- Describing setting in a story
- Use of connectives, adjectives and adverbs to enhance a story through more detail.
- Use of complex punctuation, such as apostrophes, exclamation marks and question marks
- Focussing on different texts and stories linked to inventors and explorers
Our topic will be ‘Under the Sea’ and the children will be learning about:
- The continents and oceans of the world.
- Comparing the habitats of different creatures.
- Describing how animals find their food.
- Beginning to understand food chains.
Could you please read daily with your children at home. Maths homework continues to be handed out on a Wednesday and needs to be handed into school on a Tuesday. Spellings continue as well with new words and tests occurring on Wednesdays
Children will be individually tested on their sight words at least once each fortnight. Please refer to your child’s blue sight word book to see if they are learning to read or spell the words.
We will continue to have outdoor P.E. sessions. Please ensure your child has jogging bottoms and a jumper in their kit. Please name everything.
If you have any concerns relating to your child, please feel free to see the class teacher:
class 7 - Miss Purcell, class 8 - Miss Taylor or class 9 - Mrs Matharu
or the phase leader - Mrs Matharu